cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s95 powershot back display open forever.

guytarson
Contributor

if someone know how keep my back display open forever on my s95 powershot.  I don't want that my display close.  I want keep it open.  until I close the camera.   on my parameter didn't give me that opportunity. do you have a truck for that.   

11 REPLIES 11

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@guytarson wrote:

if someone know how keep my back display open forever on my s95 powershot.  I don't want that my display close.  I want keep it open.  until I close the camera.   on my parameter didn't give me that opportunity. do you have a truck for that.   

Greetings,

Not completely clear on what you want to achieve?

It sounds like you want the LCD screen to stay on indefinitely?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes. scuse me, I tought it was clear.   but yes.  I want the LCD screen to stay on indefinitely

normadel
Authority
Authority

Do you have the User Guide for this camera? If not, download it from Canon. Search for "Canon S95 manual".

Then, look up "Power Saving". It tells you, on page 159, where to disable Power Saving. Then your display will not turn off, and the camera will not go to sleep.

guytarson
Contributor

Hi. thanks for answering. but I tried pretty much every possibility. that he could exist.
my autopower is off and my problem is the setting a bit lower. the display off. the maximum is three minutes. I would have liked a canon expert to tell me that there is a firmware update somewhere that I have not seen. which gives the option of more time for the display off because three minutes is the maximum, but there should be 60minutes and also I liked never turn off. but I don't have these options and otherwise I tried everything. but I was hoping canon would give me a solution.  can you ask canon to update the firmware for that mistake.please.

You are confused, or you're confusing US about what you're trying to do.

The TIME SETTING is to tell the camera how long of an inactivity period the camera WAITS BEFORE GOING TO SLEEP. The highest setting is the highest setting, period.

DISABLING makes the camera STAY AWAKE, until the battery wears out or you turn it off.

You can't have a time setting and a disable setting at the same time. One or the other!

I don't undersstand  what you said about '' DISABLING makes the camera STAY AWAKE, until the battery wears out or you turn it off.''    because the screen display have a maximum of tree minutes before close.  and I can't keep the display open until that battery wears out.  and I wan't keep open my display that it. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Unfortunately, these are lofty expectations for the 13 yr old device.  Its long past its end of life and a 3 minute review threshold is standard.  This is not a "mistake".  Its a power saving feature.  

You obviously have something specific you are trying to do.  If you tell us what that is, we might be able to suggest something that meets those needs.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

yes hold the camera awake. I would use to have a webcam. which would have a good resolution. this would allow me to avoid spending and buying yet another electronic equipment. yes it is certain that you can tell me suggestions with another purchase. but if this camera would have this setting to keep the screen awake, I would have had a very good webcam. but there all this is impossible for me because the screen turns off after three minutes. it's ridiculous for a camera that could film sequences. that's why yes I say it's a setting error that you made. and that with a firmware update you could take a small step to avoid waste. because I'm sure I'm not the only one.

This is getting tiresome, and there's not much more to say.

"DISABLING" means disabling Power Saving. If you disable Power Saving, the camera and display DO NOT GO TO SLEEP.

Just do it and see!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements