cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

files and folders numbers on the display screen of Powershot sx510hs

mmbx4
Contributor

Trying to figure out why camera is getting weirded out when I scroll thru what I've taken pics of. I get the floating time or it keeps trying to favorite my photos, or won't let me delete -  among other things. I put a new memory card in and after a while it was working okay. Now it's back to aciting up again. 

When I put new memory card in the numbers in the upper right hand corner of display screen stayed the same. Actually the top #'s did which after digging through online crappy manual it said those where the file #'s. The smaller #'s underneath are the actual photos #'s i've taken on the new memory card. 

Why does the  top row of larger #'s stay on the screen? Is that affecting the memory in my camera or being able to use it with a new memory card? I thought when I took the old one out that those pics don't stay in camera and it would start over. 

New to all this. Am I missing something. 

I'm hoping it's something simple to fix so I don't have to repair camera or get a new one AGAIN!

10 REPLIES 10

@mmbx4 wrote:

Okay, thanks for the clarifications. I am sure once I start with my new memory card - formatting and all i will start to get the hang of this. 

I have over 8000 pics on my sx510hs and it is nice to know how many pics have been taken by that camera.  I just didn't understand the numbering and how to fix it, formatting etc. 

My playback buttons were not functioning well and I couldn't erace photos every easily, or it would always try to mark as favorite, or would fash the main screen (floating time/date). I figured my card was overloaded when I saw the large #'s of photos.

I will try a brand new card & format it. Go from there and see if that is the issue. OR I'm wearing down the buttons on the back. It's only 2 years old. 

Thanks for the info. Will try and if I have questions....back to the forum! 

Michelle

Yes, if you are keeping 8000 photos on your card, instead of moving them off to a computer and other back up, that will bog down the camera. 

I would suggest you store your photos at least 2 places, one a computer drive at home, and online somewhere like Flickr which is free. 

Announcements