cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows media player

Regal
Contributor

I have a Canon Powershot SX160 is camera ,when I view pictures in windows media player and click slideshow it does not work it comes up with an error

I am running Windows7 Pro x64

Windows Media Player 12.0.7601.17514

It works fine on my other computer which is Windows XP Pro x32

I put the chip in my other camera (Pentax) and everything works fine

Can anyone help ?

8 REPLIES 8

fyigmo63
Enthusiast

What is the error message your receive in Windows 7?

fyigmo63

My mistake ,it is Windows Picture Viewer ,not Media Player

The error message is

An Error Is Preventing This Slide Show From Playing

Okay, thanks.  Next question is, have you completely updated Windows recently?  Most especially, have you updated Windows Live?  If not, update Windows Live, reboot, and try it again.  Let me know what your situation is.

I did not have Windows Live ,so I downloaded Windows Essentials and ran updates ,rebooted and no luck ,still the same

Also the 2 arrows that are used to rotate picture are not highlighted cannot use them

Dang!

If I remember correctly, Windows Live has a Repair option.  I would utilize that feature and see if that will do the trick.  If that does not work, then the only other thing I can think of to repair what may be a corrupted file is to use Microsoft's System File Checker, located here, which if you're lucky may find a corrupted file and fix it.

Ran file checker ,still no good

I cannot find Windows Live by itself ,it comes up Windows Live Family ,Windows Live Writer ,Windows Live Mail,Windows Live Messenger

Then I'd consult Windows support directly.  Hope they can provide you with a resolution, and sorry I wasn't able to ultimately help.

Thanks for all your help

Announcements