cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 and Canon Powershot A710 IS

noelsell
Apprentice

I own a Canon Powershot A710 IS Camera and a brand-new PC running Windows 11. I found Canon USA to be NOT helpful at all in addressing my questions. There are no software drivers from Canon for the camera and windows 11 to work together. The CD disk that came with the camera will not work with the windows 11 because it is old software and not for Windows 11. Can I still use this Camera A710 IS on the Windows 11 machine by downloading pictures from camera to PC? Will the Photo app on WIndows 11 work with this camera? Will the Paint app on Windows 11 work with this camera? All I really want to do is download the pictures from the camera to the PC. I really do not want to mess up the Windows 11 PC and have any problems. Any help is most appreciated. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

While the camera might work as direct download if you connect it to the computer (since you have both the camera and the computer you can try it) you will definitely be able to download pictures if you use an SD card reader.

Neither method will mess up your new computer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman75,

Thank you for your fast reply. Yes, the camera has an SD card installed and the PC has the capabilities to insert and read an SD card, so it should work. Sorry, I did not think about the SD card being inserted into the PC. Thanks again.

Hammond69
Apprentice

Find proper driver which is completable with Widows 11.

Announcements