cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading to a web server other than canon image gateway

alphasierra
Apprentice

I am able to upload from my camera to the Canon image gateway server. but my camera manual (Powershot SX420 IS) says it is possible to upload to web servers other than the Canon image gateway. But I could not find any details on how to do this. Ideally I would like to be able to upload to my own private web server. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

See page 78 of your manual:

Screenshot 2022-02-04 194524.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, I saw that. It just says "Add your account information to the camera for Canon iMage Gateway online photography services or other web services". My question is about the "other web services". There is no instructions on how to add "other web services".

The camera User Guide cannot tell you how to connect to third party web services.  What if new web service is created after the camera has been released.  

Every web service will work a little differently.  I suggest connecting to the Canon web service to get the feel for how it the entire process works, before moving on to another. Web service.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Veum335
Contributor

@GarageBand Download wrote:

I am able to upload from my camera to the Canon image gateway server. but my camera manual (Powershot SX420 IS) says it is possible to upload to web servers other than the Canon image gateway. But I could not find any details on how to do this. Ideally I would like to be able to upload to my own private web server. Any ideas?

I use Canon image gateway often and it is pretty straightforward at least once you have the files on a computer or other device. I use Canon 1 series bodies which don't have WiFi so I can't help you with direct WiFi upload from your camera but if you are transferring the files to your computer and editing/selecting them there first then image gateway is very simple to use.

Announcements