cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sx 420 is - Exposure and Live Mode

Bellaboous
Apprentice

Hello….. total camera newbie here!

I have powershot sx420 is….. my camera menu is not matching the manual…. 

I cannot seem to access the live mode by pressing the auto button, it only shows the option of Auto or Portrait. 
Aldo when using the camera with a light box the image is too light as if the exposure is too long maybe?

Any help and advice would be hugely appreciated 
Thank it 

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

So repeatedly pressing the auto button is only switching betweem "Auto" and "Portrait"?

I don't see any details in the manual, but am wondering if "Live" would only be available in non-auto modes?  e.g. Program AE (P mode)?

For your question about the light box, we're going to need more details.  Is this a continous light source? Or flash/strobe?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Previously I could switch between auto and live but this option appears to have changed to portrait?

Thw images are to light when using the light box but are fine when I use my iPhone, so hoping it’s just a setting on the camera I can change? 

thank you for your help it’s appreciated 

I would recommend resetting the camera's settings to see if the issues are resolved.  See page 112 of the User Manual for the reset instructions and details.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I have reset to factory settings and no change unfortunately 

I have done this, it seems that the live function is greyed out in the func/set part when portrait mode is on and not there atall in auto mode 

Announcements