cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smaller camera needed

Gerard488
Apprentice

I love my Canon powershot SX10 IS but sometimes it is a bit too bulky to take with me. I don`t know a lot about cameras so I am looking for advice.

I would like a smaller camera with the same or maybe even greater features such as zoom, megapixels etc. I also really like the sound recorder on my camera and would have it again if possible. 

Can anyone give me some advice on what to look for? I am also looking to keep the price as low as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 REPLIES 3

Gerard488
Apprentice

Well, over 150 views and not one response. 150 , and not one person took the time to give even a one word response. 

As I said, Thanks for all the help. 

Hi Gerard488!

You might check with Canon in Canada to see if they can offer you some advice on which models are available in your area that suit your needs! They're available by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON or online at www.canon.ca

Have a great day!

smack53
Mentor

I have the SX150IS that is relatively small with 12x zoom, 14 megapixels. Does a decent job on photos, but it is lacking with the video. The successor is the SX170 with 16x zoom, but I would say that the SX series would be a good starting point. The reason I like the SX150 is the full manual controls, but it also has a decent amount of scene modes built in. The only real draw back to any of these SX cameras is the very small image sensor and slow lenses. They fit nicely into a pocket though..Budget wise, the SX line can run the gamut from about a hundred dollars to around five hundred dollars, so depending on the money situation, you should be able to find something you like in the SX line. The SX170 can be had for about 150 USD.

To give you an idea of the camera's capability, check out my Flickr page at https://www.flickr.com/photos/smack53/albums/72157632756982994. All the photos in the album are taken with the SX150. The newer SX170 is a bit better.

Steve M.

Announcements