cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX60 WiFi connection

KJW247
Apprentice

Boy is this a struggle, I have tried to connect my smartphone to the camera about 20 times and it just won't work even though I have carefully followed the "instructions".   "Easy connection guide" my ass.   I am about ready to hurl this camera through a window.   Canon's "instructions" are total garbage.

3 REPLIES 3

Grazie
Rising Star

@KJW247 wrote:

Boy is this a struggle, I have tried to connect my smartphone to the camera about 20 times and it just won't work even though I have carefully followed the "instructions".   "Easy connection guide" my ass.   I am about ready to hurl this camera through a window.   Canon's "instructions" are total garbage.

OK, I have the C Connect s/w working on my iPad AIR2. The feature-set is frustratingly restricted for our SX60hs, but I can connect. The connection procedure reminds me of an almost MS-DOS procedure - remember those? Anyways, and before this thread gets “shuffled off” to the SOFTWARE Forum, do make sure your SMARTPHONE, which is what, you haven’t said, is compatible with the CONNECT s/w.

And as I said, the restrictions for our SX60hs are such that you may find yourself rather reassigning the WiFi Button to something more useful, like making a cup of coffee or buying a Lottery ticket. As to the restrictions do read the response I got from Canon. In essence I was told that the restricted Experience I was having is expected behaviour.

My advice? Don’t throw the camera outta the window, it’s a good point ‘n shoot. But, if you do still fill so inclined, make sure the window is open, as paying for a glazer to repair the said window, will be even more aggravating. Defenestration of a Camera Obscura can be Whiffy experience.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
It is not in the best interests of phone manufacturer’s bottom line for their products to function smoothly with third party cameras.

Apple would much rather have you buy a new phone with a better camera from them than to see you buy a better camera from Canon, or anyone else.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements