cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Canon G5X - how can I disable Continuous Shooting as an option

pjafla
Contributor

How can I make the camera default to single image shooting mode or, better yet, disable continuous shooting mode altogether. I am spending too much time deleting the multiple images. I know how to select Single Shooting mode in the menu system but from time to time, probably becuase I press some function button without realizing it, I find it bac into Continuus mode.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Pjafla,

Thank you for taking time to post.

When you press the UP arrow on the back of the camera, you'll see the "Drive" options there.  You should currently see <> highlighted.  Use the left or right arrow to select <>, then press the FUNC SET button.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Yes, I understand.

I have found what for me might be a solution. I have set Single Shooting along with other options I want in the P mode and then saved the settings to Custom. Now when I operate in Custom mode if I accidenatlly change something, such as getting back into Continuous shooting, a power off/on gets me back where I was.

Since there does not appear to be a way to simply permanently disable Continuous shooting, I think this will work for me.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What mode are you shooting in?

Program - which I prefer - or Auto, where I have less of a problem with this..

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Pjafla,

Thank you for taking time to post.

When you press the UP arrow on the back of the camera, you'll see the "Drive" options there.  You should currently see <> highlighted.  Use the left or right arrow to select <>, then press the FUNC SET button.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, I understand.

I have found what for me might be a solution. I have set Single Shooting along with other options I want in the P mode and then saved the settings to Custom. Now when I operate in Custom mode if I accidenatlly change something, such as getting back into Continuous shooting, a power off/on gets me back where I was.

Since there does not appear to be a way to simply permanently disable Continuous shooting, I think this will work for me.

Announcements