cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Accessing Video Files from Canon Powershot SX620 HS ... Please help!

chosn4one
Apprentice

I shot several videos over two days. All of my day one videos are fine. I downloaded them to my laptop no problem and edited them in my video editing software (Filmora). However, I can't see previews for any of my day two videos. And when I try to import them into Filmora, they appear as glitchy squiggles. Literally, the only difference is the video was shot on a different day. I have tried converting them to a different format (i.e., avi), but I keep receiving an error.

All videos were taken with my Canon Powershot point and shoot camera (an SX620 HS). I have never had problems like this before. I hope someone can help me as I am now a week behind schedule with creating these business videos due to all the delays with trying to access these files.

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Have you formatted your card recently? This could be a card issue. Are you using a full size card or a micro card with adapter?

chosn4one
Apprentice

No, I have not formatted my card recently. It is a full size 256 GB SD card.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Put in another SD card and see if it records properly. Relying on this 12-year old to make business videos may be a mistake. 

Yes, it recorded properly with a new SD card (after formatting it in my camera). The camera may be old but it has barely been used. So, it is in like new condition. I have a DSLR, but the area I am shooting in is quite small. It will not fit a tripod, and my boom arm is for a smartphone or lightweight camera (i.e., a point and shoot). Right now, I don't have any more money to invest in any other equipment, so I need to make this work. I still don't understand why it recorded everything perfectly on day one, yet corrupted the files on day two. I have tried every workaround I can think of. Can you think of anything that will allow me to access these files? Sadly, I can't reshoot because they were creation/how-to videos, and the items have been created. So, I only have the end product now without all the footage I shot.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You can try the recovery software from your cards mfg, but don't hope for too much.

Announcements