cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot sx530 can't connect via wifi

alpg49
Contributor

Experienced user.  3 hours of work.  The camera is on the wifi network.  The wifi connection setup has been installed and run on the pc.  Cannot find the camera while attempting to add a new device on the PC.  The camera searches forever for the computer.  Both are on the same wifi network.  It works with NFC to a smartphone, wifi to a smartphone.  The PC can find the camera when the camera has its own wifi node.  

It would seem to be a fault with the PC software.  I'm running Canon EOS utilities also for another camera.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

YES! I turned off the firewall and it performed as described. I had to go to Norton Settings / General Settings / Network something / Add a device, then I entered the MAC address for the camera. Like magic. Thanks for the direction!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

alpg49
Contributor

One more thing.  Sometimes, it just prompts me to set the correct date and time.  I already set the date and time.  

This is an all-day project.  Frustrating! 

Also - I killed the EOS app.  No change.  

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

Based on what you describe this could have to do with access restrictions on the network, but security settings on the PC might also have an effect. If possible one thing you can try is a different PC on a different network or even the same PC on a different network to see if there is a change.

YES! I turned off the firewall and it performed as described. I had to go to Norton Settings / General Settings / Network something / Add a device, then I entered the MAC address for the camera. Like magic. Thanks for the direction!!

alpg49
Contributor

A year has come and gone.  The same problem re-emerged.  I checked the permissions in Norton AV Firewall.  All OK.  Still no connections.  

Announcements