cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX540 HS - In fireworks mode, pic is getting BLURRED and it displays BUSY for long time

vamsilankisetty
Apprentice

Hi all,

Recently i purhcased Canon powershot SX540 HS on 5th Nov 2018 and i dont have any idea about photography. On diwali ( 7th Nov 2018 ) i started clicking, and i have gone to Fireworks mode to check the quality of it. I having three questions on fireworks mode.

1) when i am clicking the pics of people ( in statue pose not in moving ), all the pics got blurred when i used tripod it was crystal clear no blur, It is happening only with Firework mode.

Exposure time : 2 sec

ISO - 80

Focal length - 8mm

Max aperture - 4

2) Trying to capture the snap of fireworks in the sky in Fireworks mode, it is showing busy, in the mean time fireworks got completed and i am unable to capture the moment as what i am expecting.

Exposure time : 2 sec

ISO - 80

Focal length - 6mm

Max aperture - 3.625

3) In fireworks mode, trying to  take the picture in drak room by holding a candel in hand. Here always i am seeing some light ray partciles which are voilet color. I dont know how to get rid of it. It is completely disturbing the beauty of the pic.

Exposure time : 1/8 sec

ISO - 1600

Focal length - 8mm

Max aperture - 4

My sd card details are : sandisk ultra 48MBS SDHC class 10 - 16 GB

Could any one please tell me, for this powershot is it a normal behaviour or it is my camera fault.

Thanks in advance.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

A handheld two second exposure will cause blurring.

Fireworks mode should be used only for fireworks. The manual implies that it sets infinity focus, so that is another reason subjects closer to the lens are blurred.

View solution in original post

Hi @

Thanks for the reply. 

You have cleared my doubts. Is there any chance to manually adjust exposure time in Fireworks mode.

Could you please tell me why it is showing busy for long time, in the meanwhile i cant take any photos and i have to wait for nearly 15 sec to take another snap.

Thanks in advance

@vamsilankisetty wrote:

Hi @

Could you please tell me why it is showing busy for long time, in the meanwhile i cant take any photos and i have to wait for nearly 15 sec to take another snap.

Thanks in advance

The camera will show a busy light when it is writing to the memory card.  First I would suggest checking the specification of your card.  For SD cards I would recomment a class 10 as that is the fastest.  When you have transferred your files to another device I recommend formatting the SD card in your camera - simply deleting files can lead to errors and may slow down the read/write performance.

Other issues can be if the card is saving both a JPG and a RAW file (I don't know if your model can save to RAW format but you might want to check that).  Finally very complex images can be a lot larger than comparitively simple ones, and consequently will take longer to save. 

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

A handheld two second exposure will cause blurring.

Fireworks mode should be used only for fireworks. The manual implies that it sets infinity focus, so that is another reason subjects closer to the lens are blurred.

Hi @

Thanks for the reply. 

You have cleared my doubts. Is there any chance to manually adjust exposure time in Fireworks mode.

Thanks in advance

@vamsilankisetty wrote:

Hi @

Thanks in advance

The camera will show a busy light when it is writing to the memory card.  First I would suggest checking the specification of your card.  For SD cards I would recomment a class 10 as that is the fastest.  When you have transferred your files to another device I recommend formatting the SD card in your camera - simply deleting files can lead to errors and may slow down the read/write performance.

Other issues can be if the card is saving both a JPG and a RAW file (I don't know if your model can save to RAW format but you might want to check that).  Finally very complex images can be a lot larger than comparitively simple ones, and consequently will take longer to save. 

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you @Tronhard for your quick reply.

You guys solved my queries.

Now i have to try my new sd card which is 64 GB class 10 

@vamsilankisetty wrote:

@Thank you @Tronhard for your quick reply.

You guys solved my queries.

Now i have to try my new sd card which is 64 GB class 10 

Do not use a micro-SD card, which uses a plastic adapter housing.  Those are notoriously unreliable.  Always use a full size SD card.  Using a Class 10 card is good advice.  Stick major name brands like Lexar or Sandisk.

Do not look for the cheapest card you can find, because you will get what you pay for.  Avoid buying cards on eBay or Amazon, because there are a lot of counterfeit cards out there masquerading as legitimate name brands.  

I do not advise buying very high capacity cards, either.  There is a trade off between R/W speed and capacity when it comes to SD cards at the low end of the price scale.

My standard cards of choice are the Sandisk Extreme and Extreme Pro 32/64 GB memory cards.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have purchased "SanDisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 UHS-I SDXC Memory Card" is it okay

@vamsilankisetty wrote:
I have purchased "SanDisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 UHS-I SDXC Memory Card" is it okay

Just as long as you have the full size SD card, and not the micro-SD version, you should be fine.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Is the "long time" after fireworks mode? The camera might have some special post processing that takes longer.

Announcements