cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot S120: Can no longer transfer photos from camera to desktop computer using new Image.Canon

marlae
Apprentice

I setup the new Image.canon process to transfer from photos from my Powershot S120 to my Desktop computer and it will NOT connect with the new Image Sync Function software that I downloaded - it goes as far as

"Connected Device:Desktop-MyComputerName" and fails to make the connection after about 3-4 mintues.. It says "Connecton Failed".

It work prior to the new Image.Canon service; so now what?  I am back to moving the SD card from the camera to computer's SD card reader. 

Hardware: Windows 10 / HP EliteDesk

**** SEE UPDATE - MY NEXT POST 4/22/19 ****

1 REPLY 1

marlae
Apprentice

UPDATE 4/22/2020:

Yesterday, 4/21/2020 I went back to fiddle around this stupid issue and notice Canon removed significant number of cameras from the original Powershot list including the S120; which basically tells me it's not supported. It's impossible to find out information from Canon unless your camera is in the warranty period or they want money to talk to you. Which by the way; is lousy customer service. 

I had to actually go to the FB Canon page and notify them when this entire problem started weeks ago; I suspect many others are doing the same and Canon is finding out what is working and not; looks like they forgot to remove a lot of cameras on the initial launch of the Image.Canon page. Unfornately, I still don't have any official confirmation except my own personal experience and the drop in the cameras on the updated list for Image.Canon tells me that was the problem why I can't transfer images anymore.  And, that freaking SUCKS plus the amount of time wasted on this.

In summary, the Canon FB page was the only outlet I had to use - not much support there except an email (see below) was sent to me with this site (https://community.usa.canon.com/) mentioned in it.  Overall, disappointed with the entire rollout; my camera will not work with image.ca, so back to taking out the SD card and putting in a SD card reader.  Canon really screwed up on this in my opinion, the S120 is only 7 years old, not 17 years.  At this point, I'm considering leaving Canon completely and my next camera purchase will be somebody else due to this mess - they screwed up, not me and I been a customer for a long time. 

..............................................................................................................

EMAIL Sent during this Image.Canon rollout:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for providing your feedback to Canon. Out of warranty support is available for your product.  Please consider the following support options:

1. Canon Account: An option for Phone Support is available for a fee of $19.99
  2. Canon Community Forum: https://community.usa.canon.com/
  3. Canon Knowledge Base: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=home
  4. Canon Upgrade Program: 866-443-8002

I hope that you find this information helpful.

Kind Regards,

Canon Customer Relations

Announcements