cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot G11 is it it possible to remove the screen and reposition it at the bottom

IanMould
Apprentice

I am trying to construct a camera on a long stick to take pictures of names high up on a memorial in France . I have partially succeeded by having the remote shutter release down at the bottom but then also have to have a endoscope at the top so I can see the images down below . I have just acquired a Powershot G11 to use as it's much smaller than my heavy DSLR's I've been experimenting with but what I need to know is it it possible to remove the screen and reposition it at the bottom ? . I assume I would need a very long ribbon to connect the two , are these available?

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Before embarking on this venture, does the venue allow selfie-sticks or similar? It could be that what you want to do wouldn't be allowed (e.g. guest safety, not causing distractions, etc.).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

i have been doing it for ages with no problems im just trying to refine it 

normadel
Authority
Authority

The screen on the G11 can be turned to face down.  Is this not what you want? 

How far away from your eyes would the camera be? Would you really be able to see what's on the screen well enough?

no , the camera will be about 3m up in the air with the shutter release and screen at the base . if i cant remove the screen then i will have to fit a endoscope camera at the top to send images to the bottom . the only other solution is to just take the pictures , bring the camera down , check and then try again if necessary

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements