cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot A3100 ---Shadow & Dust on Rear Screen

popart
Apprentice

There's a large light grey shadow shape in one corner of rear screen (is that what it's called?). This shape also

shows up in the digital image.

Also there is lots of dust on interior of that screen. Cleaning the lens doesn't help.

Is there anything I can do to eliminate these problems.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

popart,

It is not possible to tell where the dust came into the camera, but the camera is not air-tight sealed.  I don't have an estimate I can provide, but if you send the camera to the Factory Service Center, they will provide you with the estimate for your approval prior to cleaning inside the camera.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hi popart!

Thanks for posting.

At this point, the camera needs to be cleaned by our Factory Service Center.  To start the service process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

thanks for the info. how much for a cleaning? and where does the dust get in?

popart,

It is not possible to tell where the dust came into the camera, but the camera is not air-tight sealed.  I don't have an estimate I can provide, but if you send the camera to the Factory Service Center, they will provide you with the estimate for your approval prior to cleaning inside the camera.

Announcements