cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX720 HS Unable to Upload Photos after macOS Update

jberg
Contributor

I am totally frustrated!  I have this camera which is not even two years old and an I-Mac which is not even one year old.  When the Mac automatically updated to Monterey 12.5 the other day it left me unable to upload photos from my camera.  I have done it as recently as a month ago.  Some "expert" on this board gave suggestions which were useless and did not work.  Canon does not list my camera as one for which new software is available.  So I guess Canon and Apple want me to buy a new camera and an I-phone, which I do not have, do not want and do not need.  Does anyone here have any ideas?  Grandma wants to share her pix with the Grands!!  Thanks.  jberg

11 REPLIES 11

jberg
Contributor

I am in a similar situation.  Since my Mac automatically updated to Monterey 12.5 the other day I cannot upload photos from my PowerShot SX 720 HS.  My Mac is not even one year old and the camera not two years old.  This stinks!  I have found no help here on the forum.  I guess they want me to buy an I-phone, which I neither have, need nor want or to replace my expensive newish camera with a newer one.  Totally frustrated!!!!

Plug in the camera via USB, turn off any wifi capability and run ImageCapture directly so that Monterey can "re-learn" your camera. Also make sure you are using a real USB cable and not one of the charge-only abominations.

Did that yesterday.  Doesn't work.  Thanks anyhow.

What happened? Did Image Capture see the camera? Did the camera indicate that it was being controlled by the computer? You might need a new USB cable.

Image Capture says no device is connected altho it recognizes the HP Printer!  Tried a new cable connected to the card reader connected to the computer.  Just says "Communication Error."  Thanks for trying to help anyhow.  jberg

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Are you using a card reader?

Then it should just show up on the desktop as another drive, or in the finder.

jberg
Contributor

nope...

Why not try with the camera? I have never had my canon's not download images to my Mac's.

Don't know what you mean by "try with the camera?"

Announcements