cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX70 transfer photos

MomOf8
Contributor

I have an older Canon Camera that I have software installed on my computer and when I plug the camera in and turn it on and click the link it transfers the photos for me. I want to do this same thing with my SX70. I do NOT want to transfer the images via WiFi. I bought the Canon Interface cable to use with my SX70 but I do  not know where to find the software on the Canon site to download so I can just click a button and it open a transfer utility that is not WiFi.  Anyone able to help me?

16 REPLIES 16

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What kind of computer, Mac or Windows? What version of operating system?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

MomOf8
Contributor

I am running Windows 10.  thanks for any help

I think this will do what you want. Download from Canon support site. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/powershot-sx70-hs

84F87ADC-DD7E-4CF9-9ADC-75265AC94577.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

MomOf8
Contributor

John, that is to download via WiFi and I want to just use the cable like I did with my old SX520.  I had a Canon program on the computer that when I plugged the camera into the cord and turned on the camera, and clicked the program it would download the photos and then allow me to delete, etc.  Perhaps with the changing of times what I want to be able to do, I simply cannot do.  

This might work:

1. go to the canon support page for the SX520 and select Windows 7. Download the Digital camera Software package.

2. Install as much software as will install under W10.

3. Go to the W10 support page and download the update for Camera Window. The description for that software seems to allow camera download to computer.

Screenshot 2022-09-26 193655.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

MomOf8
Contributor

John, I cannot find the S/N on my SX520 it appears have worn off with use.  So I searched for forums for how to try to find the N/C.  Well someone suggested I open the ImageBrowser EX software and look at a picture.  they said in the lower right of the program there is a section called "Shooting Info". Located that just fine. It said the last entry of that area is "Camera Body No" and that would be my camera's serial number.  Well there is no such entry in the shooting info section called camera body number. So without the S/N I cannot download the software for the SX520 to try to update to use with my SX70.  Thanks so much for trying to help me. I truly appreciate it!

Can you post a file from your camera to Dropbox or One Drive? If so, post the link in a reply I will see if my software can read it. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

MomOf8
Contributor

I have files in my One Drive that I took with that camera, but I don't know how to share a picture from my One Drive with you. 

Right mouse click on the file and select Share:

1.jpg

Then select Copy:

2.jpg

Copy the link and then paste into a reply message:

3.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements