cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX70 HS Sports vs. Continuous shooting modes

rickaltman
Contributor

On my brand new SX70, I was grateful to find the Sports mode choice on the dial, as that is much easier to access than the Continuous mode in the menus. I have since discovered the quick set menu, which provides slightly better access to Continuous. Sports still wins, though.

But I know that these two modes are not the same and I would be grateful for someone with experience to explain what those differences are.

TIA.

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi Rick:
Continuous Shooting refers to whether when you press the shutter button and hold it down, it continues to activate the shutter and take photos  as opposed to taking a single shot for each button press. That is the limit of its action.  It does not, for example, encourage the shutter to be activated faster.

Sports mode changes several settings, including biasing to higher shutter speeds as a priority over aperture and ISO, plus (if I recall correctly) turning on Continuous shutter mode, and customize focus settings.  It will also ignore other settings that may have been set in other modes.

The purpose of this is to increase the probability of capturing images of fast moving subjects that are sharp

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements