cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot S5 IS Camera shaking without any reason

TeddyPanda
Apprentice

I recently bought a 2nd hand Canon PowerShot S5 IS, no issues. The problem is, whenever I focus the camera to take a photo, the shaking icon shows up, and after you take the pic, it's blurry. Even if you place it on a table, it still shows up. I tried it in different modes but still the same problem. I mean this camera literally has "Image Stabilization" in it's name and idk why the camera is shaking (yes, the IS mode is set to "Continuous").

Oh, btw, when I use the "Auto" mode, the "Raise the flash" text show up. And when you use flash, the shaking icon disappears and the pic becomes clear. This happens even in bright light conditions.

Thanks for the help in advance! 😊

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

Can you post an example of an image, and with it list the settings for that shot specifically: Focal length, f/stop, shutter speed, and ISO. 

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Good day Trevor! Thanks for the really quick response. I am really sorry I wasn't able to reply because I went on a trip. But this trip gave me the opportunity to get myself familiar with this camera. It turns out, the problem only occurs when I shoot pictures in a very low light environment. But everything is fine when shooting in a well-lit environment. Again, thanks for the response and for the welcome. Cheers!

Announcements