cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot G15 Serial number worn off

sahebaai
Apprentice

Hello,

I have an old Canon G15 Camera and the serial number has disappeared over years of use many years ago. I need the serial number ? How do I get it ?

4 REPLIES 4

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

The serial number information is embedded in the metadata of each image file, so if you are able to look at the properties or additional information of the file you will be able to locate the serial number of the camera. For a Windows computer you would do this by right-clicking the image file and choosing "Properties"

Unable to see this info in the pictures saved in the camera. Unable to download it to check on windows !

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

No software is required to download images saved to your camera.  You can use a cable or card reader in windows or MAC OS.  

"Unable to see this info in the pictures saved in the camera. Unable to download it to check on windows !"

If you'd like to get the serial number and its worn off the body, this is the only other method for getting the serial number.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

FelixKH
Apprentice

Hi Mark,

If you had registered the warranty for the camera, you could go back there and check out the serial number.

Cheers!

Announcements