cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Elph 340 HS: Computer sees files from camera as created exactly one day in the past

Prenonix
Apprentice

The camera's time settings are accurate for today, yet the files appear to be marked as created 24 hours ago. How can I fix this other than setting the camera's date and time settings 24 hours ahead? Thanks.

Using Ubuntu 23.10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Prenonix,

The PowerShot ELPH 340 HS only provides a 24-hour clock. There is no AM/PM option. So beyond 12 noon (12 PM), you would need to set the clock at 13:00 for 1 PM, for example. This could definitely affect your date when you take photos depending upon the time of day they are taken. Let's verify that the camera is set properly based on that.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Prenonix!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof) and which apps you're using to view your photos. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Ubuntu 23.10. I'm just looking at the date stamps on the files, they open fine.

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Prenonix,

The PowerShot ELPH 340 HS only provides a 24-hour clock. There is no AM/PM option. So beyond 12 noon (12 PM), you would need to set the clock at 13:00 for 1 PM, for example. This could definitely affect your date when you take photos depending upon the time of day they are taken. Let's verify that the camera is set properly based on that.

Was the clock, I had set it to 12 hours in the past, apparently.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Are you reading the image file EXIF metadata, or are you reading the file’s creation date in the general properties?  

If you captured images yesterday, but did not save them to your computer until today, then the saved files will have today’s date on them.  The actual date of when the image was captured is embedded within the image file as EXIF metadata.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The images were taken on the same day there were viewed on the SD card by the computer; the files were not actually saved to the computer.

You should always copy ALL of the files to a computer.  Do not rely on the memory card inside the camera for long term storage.

Again.  How are you reading the dates?  What app are you using?  

If you copy the files to your computer, then what dates do you see?  ARe you reading teh EXIF data or the file creation date?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements