cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Powershot SX740 issues

Chioma
Apprentice

Hello, I got a new SX740 and tried to pair the Bluetooth to my phone but it won't connect. I've been trying for 4 days straight. Also, my canon is missing some settings. Such as camera reset. What should I do?

10 REPLIES 10

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Chioma,

Thanks for checking in with us.

We aren't able to provide forum support for that PowerShot model. Since that's the case, you can reach our phone support line by calling us at (800)652-2666 on M-F from 9am-7pm EST and listen for our PowerShot department.

Chioma
Apprentice
I tried calling as well but never get pass the automated response and in the end the automated voice resends me here or to the website that doesn’t work. I’ve been trying everyday but it’s futile.

Hi, Chioma!

When you're talking to our voice-recognition system, it helps to say the product's full name, and your camera's full name is PowerShot SX740 HS.  Try that and you might have a better chance at getting through.

We also recommend registering your camera.  When you call in from the phone number you put down in your registration, our system can direct you where to go right away.  Click HERE to get your registration in mere moments.

Hope this helps! 

Chioma
Apprentice
Thank you but I did . Here is the convo... the voice: what do you need help for ?
Me: technical support.
Voice: what camera do you use for better support
Me: powershot sx 740
Male voice: your camera is registered for technical support please refer to Self help or forum ( ps I forgot the exact words use)
Then it hangs up. This happens every time I call after 9 am
So I’m stuck and I read reviews for customer support for canon and they were pretty negative.

I just received my new SX740 HS and it seems like a year later (since start of this thread), this issue is not resolved.  

I have a Pixel 4, with latest Android OS & updates.  I can connect via WiFi no problem.

Bluetooth results in:

Camera Message:  "Pairing in progress.  Use Canon Software on the smartphone to finish pairing"

Phone Message: "Scanning..."

Until both timeout.  Over and over.

Interestingly, I can see the camera in the phone's list of available blutooth devices.  Whether it's paired that way or not before trying to pair in the Canon app makes no difference.

Very disappointed here.  I've called tech support twice, gone through the menus and no one answers. 

Customer support questions / Technical support / Powershot / model etc...

The line goes quiet...

I always feel Canon is a little behind on the connectivity side and makes up for it with great optics.  But if I have to struggle with something as basic as bluetooth (which I need since I want my photos to have GPS tags) this is unacceptable, and the camera will be returned.

Many users resolve the issue, and never return.  Many users never resolve their issues.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Which app are you using on the phone?  You probably need to use Canon Connect itself.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I finally got through to tech support -on the 4th call.  Canon really needs to fix the dead landing points in the menu...

I was able to resolve this.  The tech support rep just repeated what I had done already 3 more times.  He indicated this model has Bluetooth issues, specifically a bad Bluetooth antenna, and not pairing is a sign of that.

If you're having this problem:  make sure you clear wireless settings on the camera before trying to connect to Bluetooth.  Also, on your phone, be sure the camera is not in the list of paired devices.  If it is, select it and "forget" it.

Then...  try over and over...  get into pairing mode in the Canon App on your phone (scanning), and in pairing mode on the Camera, and give it a few minutes.  Try again if it fails...  

It is very odd to me that the Canon App doesn't find the camera.  I'd suggest to Canon that your software developers look t how the App connects with the phone Bluetooth stack, since the phone definately sees the camera immediately.  The App does not.

mjraney
Apprentice

Hello, I just got a Powershot SX740 HS. I am having trouble getting good white balance. I am taking pictures of jewelry in a lightbox with Daylight Flourescent Bulbs. There is no setting for that on this camera, though there was for my old Powershot SX150 IS. Does anyone know what setting I should use to get correct white balance for this shooting situation. I tried calling support, but he just suggested having the camera repaired. I don't think it needs a repair, just need info on how to work it properly. Can anyone help?

Try a custom white balance:

Untitled.jpg

On the next page of the manual they discuss manual white balance and adjusting one of the presets if it is close.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements