cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Computer Doesn't Detect My Camera

Stupid_Computer
Apprentice

My computer doesn't detect my camera! Can someone help? (If you haven't noticed, I created this account just to ask this question! Help is greatly appreciated!) 

I recently had to do a system restore on my computer. After I restored, I tried to upload photos from my Powershot A4000 IS camera to my computer (I had done it before successfully) only to find that the Autoplay window didn't pop up (like it usually did) and the Hardware Fail sound played. I then tried to start my CameraWindow software manually, but it said my camera wasn't connected. I have several Usb ports on my computer, and I tried all of them. Nothing happened! I'm sure that I'm not missing any essential Canon software and my camera isn't damaged; I barely use it, and the Powershot A4000 support page claimed that I didn't need any extra drivers for my edition of Windows! Help! Smiley Sad

P.S. My OS is Windows Vista SP2.

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

My operating system is Windows Vista Service Pack 2.

Stupid_Computer,

There are some additional questions I would like to ask that will help me determine what is wrong.

1.  Have you tried connecting your camera to a different computer? 

2.  Do other computers fail to recognize the camera?

3.  Do you have any other devices connected to the computer, like a printer, scanner, webcam, external hard drive, etc?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I tried it on another computer, and it worked. Also, I have a mouse, speakers, and printer connected to my computer. 

jprusa
Contributor

Have you tried running the disk that came with your camera?

I have already installed my disk.

Announcements