cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incredibly difficult to get my SX620 HS camera to connect to to the image.canon web site

altergottrick
Apprentice

Very frustrating to establish a connection. The tiny print in the manual is impossible to read, I wish there was a cable I could use instead of trying to use wifi, which is insanely hard to access on the cameras interface. I still haven't been able to connect to my Fios that other devices in the house use. It comes up but as a locked option. Manually entering the info is not working either. I want to download my vacation pictures, but this is just not worth the hassle. Are there any other options

1 REPLY 1

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings altergottrick,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with connecting your PowerShot SX620 HS camera to the image.canon service.

The first thing to check for is to see if your camera is running with the latest firmware, Version 1.1.0.0. This is required for the camera to successfully connect to the image.canon service. Please click on the following link to visit the product support page for the PowerShot SX620 HS to download the latest firmware update and step by step instructions for updating the camera's firmware is included in the download file.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/powershot-sx620-hs

Another option to download your photos is to use a USB cable to connect the camera to a computer. The camera is plug and play to where most current operating systems will provide a step-by-step guide in downloading the photos once the camera is connected and powered on. You may also use a memory card reader where you would remove the memory card from the camera and insert it into a card reader that is connected to the computer.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements