cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geotagging?

taj3349
Apprentice

I happen to really like my SX50.  It does everything I need a camera to do.  I'm wondering if it has geotagging.  If it doesn't, what would be the best third party app to use.  I have a Mac computer Yosemite with Photos.  (Yes, I'm very frustrated with the whole program right now).  Any feedback would be appreciated.  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Hi taj3349!

Thank you for posting about this.

The PowerShot SX50 HS does not have a built-in GPS, so it does not geotag images it records.  This also means there is no GPS coordinate data recorded with each image.  Any coordinate data you obtain would have to be recorded by a separate GPS you carry with you as you shoot.  It cannot be connected to the camera, so you would need to sort through that data later.  Although I cannot recommend any specific software that would allow you to geotag the images, I recommend that you search the internet for geotagging software using your favorite search engine.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements