cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting SX40HS to New iPad

jimor
Apprentice

i am assuming I need some app for the iPad, so that is why I have posted this here.

I have an SX40HS. With an old iPad, I purchased and used an SD card reader for it and was able to upload photos to the iPad. Because the iPad is very old (10+ years) most software no longer runs on it, so I bought a new iPad Pro (iOS 15). Of course, the connectors are different, so I cannot use the old SD card reader. Before I spend money on a new reader, I thought I would check if I could connect the camera directly to the new iPad and transfer the images from the camera.

I have connected the camera to the iPad and tried following instructions provided online by various people, such as open Photos and select Import, but there is no Import button or menu item to be found.

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

How are you connecting your camera to the iPad?  Newer iPad Pros have USB-C connectors wherease older ones used Apple's lightning connector.  Your Canon camera's cable would use a USB-A connector.   So am first wondering if things are connected correctly.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

@rs-eos wrote:

How are you connecting your camera to the iPad?  Newer iPad Pros have USB-C connectors wherease older ones used Apple's lightning connector.  Your Canon camera's cable would use a USB-A connector.   So am first wondering if things are connected correctly.

I use a USB-A to USB-C adapter.

Announcements