cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean HDMI out G7X mark III

kriftian
Apprentice

I see there are a couple posts about clean HDMI out, but none that has the same issues I have, as far as I can see.

Canon G7X mark III purchased last year. Firmware version 1.3.2.

In the Advanced User Guide page 179 it says that the SHOOT5 menu should contain a "HDMI Disp Info" option at the bottom where clean HDMI out can be enabled. I haven't got that option on the SHOOT5 menu, or any of the other SHOOT menus for that matter. I've gone through every menu and cannot find "HDMI Disp Info" or anything similar anywhere. I see in other posts that someone mention that the option is gray if HDMI resolution is not set to auto somewhere else, but it's not gray. It's not even there. And HDMI resolution is set to auto anyway. From the illustrations in the Advanced User Guide it shows six SHOOT menus (1-6). I have eight SHOOT menus (1-8 red menus). On the SHOOT5 menu, as it's presented in the guide, there's a page full of seven options to alter, but I only have two: Touch Shutter and Shutter mode. I assume that something has changed from one firmware to another, and things may have been moved around, but the "HDMI Disp Info" shouldn't vanish alltogether, should it? It went as far as I was thinking maybe I'd gotten a mark II instead of a mark III, but it says mark III on the camera, the  receipt says mark III, and it's registered with s/n at myid.canon as a mark III. Can anyone help me find this missing option? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Do you mean this page in the manual?

Untitled.jpg

I think the little movie camera icon means it has to be in Movie mode to set it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Do you mean this page in the manual?

Untitled.jpg

I think the little movie camera icon means it has to be in Movie mode to set it.

Yes, that page.

Worked it out, with the help of Canon locally! Camera needed to be in video mode (in stead of like AV, TV, etc.), which absolutely makes sense when I think of it, but it never hit me as a potential culprit. The menus change when in video mode.

Like what I said: "I think the little movie camera icon means it has to be in Movie mode to set it."

8^)

You're absolutely right. I just saw your first question and didn't notice the line below the screenshot from the manual. 🙂

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements