cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon G16 charging cable

charleyhorse
Contributor

I did not get a cable with my G16. Can anyone tell me which cable I can use to charge the battery in the camera? Does Canon sell such a cable?

Thanks.

Don

4 REPLIES 4

John_
Authority

Any USB cable with a Mini-B plug will connect your camera to your computer but you charge the battery in the battery charger that you should have gotten unless you bought it used and missing items. The cable is just to connect to the computer for using the software from what I see.

This is what is included with a new G16, a very nice camera by the way

PowerShot G16 Digital Camera
Battery Pack NB-10L
Battery Charger CB-2LC
Neck Strap NS-DC11

For some reason Canon dosnt supply the cable when you buy the camera.

I dont own a G16 but maybe it can charge via the USB cord but I saw no mention of it in your manual...maybe someone esle will chime in and say otherwise.

I think John has the right info there. I don't know of any high end Canon cameras that cherge via a cable.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

I would never consider this a high-end camera, but it is disappointing to not to recharge in the body. I have confirmed this. If you attach most Powershot cameras to a computer, they become removable storage and the camera starts draining the battery. The power light will be on, and your screen will be on for a few seconds.

Yes and I didn't realize your camera uses the same battery as my SX50HS which is 7.4 volts a USB connection only supplies 5 volts so it will have to run off the battery.

Announcements