cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find P modes on my Powershot Elph 180

jfarrelly
Apprentice

Specs say I should be able to access P modes like macro close-up, fireworks, long exposures, etc. I can get self timer, Digital IS shake reduction, but not the others listed:

P, Auto, Portrait, Low Light, Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Fireworks, Long Shutter

I cannot find a way to operationalize most of these modes. I followed the manual but my camera is not displaying exactly what the manual says.  I can get it to display a big "P" in upper right corner, but no other options or icons like a flower for macro mode. What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jfarrelly
Apprentice

I did what you said and got there but it's confusing and not very intuitive about how to switch among the modes or to go back through menu levels to previous modes or go back to Auto mode (to cancel those P functions). I keep pressing buttons at random until it finally displays what I want.   The "reset all" function doesn't reset the shooting modes, but it seems like if I press UP/AUTO and SET/FUNCT  it will go back to Auto mode. Then I press the menu button  to clear the screen.  There's probably an easier way.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings jfarrelly,

Once the camera is set to the P mode then please press the FUNC SET button on the back of the camera. On the left-hand side of the LCD screen, we will see different options and please scroll up or down until we see the letter "P". To the right of it, a new column will appear with sub options where it includes the other shooting functions that you're wanting to select. Press the flash / lightning bolt symbol button to the right of the FUNC SET button to have you select the sub menu on the second column on the display. You may then scroll up and down to select the other shooting modes.

jfarrelly
Apprentice

I did what you said and got there but it's confusing and not very intuitive about how to switch among the modes or to go back through menu levels to previous modes or go back to Auto mode (to cancel those P functions). I keep pressing buttons at random until it finally displays what I want.   The "reset all" function doesn't reset the shooting modes, but it seems like if I press UP/AUTO and SET/FUNCT  it will go back to Auto mode. Then I press the menu button  to clear the screen.  There's probably an easier way.

Bev3
Apprentice

I have this same camera, and all the sudden my memory card is locked. I cannot figure out how to unlock it. Do you know how? I have been all the way through the manual, cannot find anything there. Any help would be appreciated.

I am not very good at tech things, cannot help you with your problem. Sorry

First, start with the obvious. Take the card out and slide the lock tab on the side of the card the opposite position. Reinsert and see if that works.

If not, try a different card. If that one works, the problem is with the card, not the camera.

Announcements