cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t set white balance on PowerShot ELPH 360 HS

Joeintopeka
Apprentice

Just got an ELPH 360. Learning the basics and find that I am not allowed to select the AWB function in the menu. When I try to scroll to it, it just skips over it. What am I missing?

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Do you happen to have the camera in either sepia tone mode or black and white mode?  There's a note on page 57 of the User Manual stating that white balance cannot be set in those modes.

Unfortunately, the way Canon produced that PDF, it's not possible to search it for AWB, so there could be other pages with details.

You can always try resetting the camera back to default settings and try again.  See page 120 for instructions.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I was playing around with it this morning and it worked. One of those things where I’m not sure what I did,  but oh well.

You may have been in a mode like P or Auto, where some of the menu options are not available. Usually they will all be available in Av, Tv or M modes. 

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements