cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding lense in PowerShot SX530

PowerGem
Contributor
Is it possible to use addon lense on the camera? If I should buy one with the right thread size (67mm), what would be the issue if i should buy one of those macro/wide angle lenses I see selling online?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

John_
Authority

Hi, well it looks like you can get the FA DC67A filter adapter and then you'll have a 67mm threaded adapter which is made for the filters Canon offers. The other lens accessories will not fit that 67mm size, the ones that Canon offers. There may be other options for a 67mm Tele Converter, Macro or Wide angle lens to be had elsewhere.

I have the ones made by Canon for my other cameras with a 58mm adapter and they work great, very good quality.

View solution in original post

Well Canon does not offer any 67mm add ons but others do that would be your best option.

To use the ones Canon offers youd have to get a 67mm to a 58mm adapter somewhere but then the lens would be inside the field of veiw and noticable at certain focal lengths, like 9mm inside the picture.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

John_
Authority

Hi, well it looks like you can get the FA DC67A filter adapter and then you'll have a 67mm threaded adapter which is made for the filters Canon offers. The other lens accessories will not fit that 67mm size, the ones that Canon offers. There may be other options for a 67mm Tele Converter, Macro or Wide angle lens to be had elsewhere.

I have the ones made by Canon for my other cameras with a 58mm adapter and they work great, very good quality.

PowerGem
Contributor
Hi John! I bought the that model adapter recently and i was looking to see if I could find lense for It but couldn't, so you are saying I should get a 58mm adapter then in order to use other lense etc? Or there are lense for the 67mm that I'm missing?

Also if you have suggestions as to what to get would be a really awesome plus as this camera is you know this cam new so im finding it hard to come across accessories for it.

Well Canon does not offer any 67mm add ons but others do that would be your best option.

To use the ones Canon offers youd have to get a 67mm to a 58mm adapter somewhere but then the lens would be inside the field of veiw and noticable at certain focal lengths, like 9mm inside the picture.

PowerGem
Contributor
Ok thank you John!

your very welcome !

Announcements