cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP7250 Error 1403 - these printers only last 6-12 months

peter-h
Apprentice

I have a small business and we have bought a number of these printers. They get very light use.

They last about 6 months before something packs up. They are always beyond economic repair so we throw them away.

However I have just got 1403 on one which has been in service for only a few months, and now that has to go in the skip! This is ridiculous... such junk.

I took out the print head and cleaned it. No change.

Should we save these printers up and send several to Canon and perhaps they can send us a new one for every 2 or 3 we return?

It makes one cry to be chucking out some a big and complex piece of equipment, just because it is not worth repairing?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I can't get excited about a $65 dollar printer.  I would however, expect it to last more than a few months.  You've already established a poor track record.   

I'd abandon the printer and drop some additional cash on something a little more robust.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Can you suggest a more robust inkjet?

I have never seen one. The much more pricey ones are A3 but the A3 ones were always pricey because they are A3 and are never used domestically.

Also one whose refills don't cost $100 🙂 The problem is that if you don't use an inkjet for say a week or two, you have to clean the printhead and that wastes perhaps 10-20% of the content.

The old inkjets which used the non-coded cartridges used to fetch huge prices on Ebay for this reason, say $300, but now they have dried up (no pun intended). I recall an Epson 700 (?), 20 years ago, which ran for 10 years plus.

The inkjet failures are either printhead ones (not fixable) or paper feed ones (not fixable unless you can obtain spare feed wheels and know what to fix). Rarely are they electronic failures. HP, Epson, Canon, all the same. None make it to one year, IME.

I bought a colour laser, HP, $1000+, refill $300 (!), and got rid of it soon. The print quality was poor like all colour lasers. Inkjets still have uses, despite their poor reliability.

The 7250 never fed glossy paper properly. The only way to feed it would be to put just the one sheet into the tray, so it could not pick up anything under it at the same time. It's a bit of a joke, but the Canon I had before quickly stopped feeding glossy from the rear slot...

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements