cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating to windows 10 killed the scanner in my MF 6160dw. HELP!

dgking
Apprentice

My Canon MF6160dw printer/scanner refuese to scan after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The printing functionality is ok however.

I have tried removing and re-installing the printer drivers (including manually deleting the information in windows\twain_32), but my MF6160 printer still refuses to scan. There are no errors or activity - it simply refuses to scan. I have tried scanning through the Canon Toolbox, through a paint program and even using the scan feature on the printer itself to no avail. After some internet research I was able find numerous complaints about this issue in the online Canon Community. This certainly seems to be an issue with the Canon Drivers compatibility with Windows 10. The scanning function worked perfectly fine on Windows 7 prior to upgrading. I am surprised that Canon has not come up with a solution for this very serious issue.

Keep in mind that I have already gone through the un-installation and re-installation of the drivers several times already and it did not fix the issue.

2 REPLIES 2

Raydeo
Contributor

Hey dgking, I had the same issue with a Canon Pixma MX870 after upgrading to Windows 10 and continuing after the November Windows 10 update. No solution received on this forum nor Microsoft's although well intentioned people keep recommending "solutions" I have already tried with no luck. If I keep hitting the MP Navigator enough times (sometimes up to 50), I'll finally get the Navigator program operational. Funny thing though, I upgraded Win 10 on an identical PC in Canada and also a laptop in Canada with no issues whatsover with the Pixma 870. Obviously a major glitch between Canon's scanner drivers and Windows 10.

Dayhiker4k
Apprentice

Hey dgking,

I have the same problem. I have a Canon imageCLASS MF 6160dw and just updated 2 PCs from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now I cannot scan with either one, although I can still print. I hope Canon finds a solution soon or I may not buy another Canon printer (my first).

That's been my only complaint with this unit so far; and the fact that it cannot operate from Android smartphone apps (at least none that I know about).

Announcements