cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

toner density not changing

msiegall
Apprentice

I have a new MF733Cdw, and I have been trying to darken printed text.

I've tried changing the toner density from the printer's control panel, Windows' printer settings (Windows 10), the Canon Remote UI, and within individual applications (Microsoft Word and others). I've made sure that toner saver is off, that I have the latest drivers, and that the latest firmware is installed.

I've tried adjusting only the black, adjusting black plus all three colors at the same time, and adjusting the main colors plus all three "fine adjust" densities at once. The path I'm using is <printer> <properties> <default settings> <quality> <general> <advanced settings> <toner density> <adjust> .

Nothing changes on the printed page. Setting density to +8 and to -8 yield the same results as 0.

What am I doing wrong? Is the printer malfunctioning?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi msiegall.

Telephone support for the printer is still available. Please try the following alternate numbers:

1-800-828-4040

1-800-423-2366

Please verify that when stating the model number you include the entire model number (MF733Cdw). If you are able to get a live representative in another department, they will be able to transfer to the correct group. This issue will require assistance from our telephone support group.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

msiegall
Apprentice

Also: I've experimented with different fonts, text colors (e.g., black, red), and print densities (600 and 1200 dpi).

Patrice
Whiz

Hi msiegall.

There are a few other settings that can be adjusted in the printer drivers, such as Matching Mode and Matching Method. Please follow the instructions at this link to access the settings:

Windows Driver Color Matching (imageCLASS)

If you still continue to experience an issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply.

The options for my printer driver are a little different from those on the link you gave me, but close enough that I think I chose the correct settings. I also played with the contrast and darkness settings. And forcing black/white (versus Auto). And a couple of other settings. And none of it affected the output.

I tried a test using graphics, not text, and there WERE some subtle changes to colors, including black. Not much difference between +8 and -8, but visible.

Before posting to this site, I tried calling the support number (the same one you listed). After working through the automated menus, I was told that this printer is supported online only. Couldn't talk with a person.

Hi msiegall.

Telephone support for the printer is still available. Please try the following alternate numbers:

1-800-828-4040

1-800-423-2366

Please verify that when stating the model number you include the entire model number (MF733Cdw). If you are able to get a live representative in another department, they will be able to transfer to the correct group. This issue will require assistance from our telephone support group.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements