cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the component necessary for installation is not found -- MF628Cw

ravenalive
Apprentice

Windows 10.  Print function on MF628Cw works fine, but not recognized as scanner. 

I downloaded and tried to reinstall the [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF628Cw/MF624Cw MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear).  After it unpacks I get an error message saying "the component necessary for installation is not found."

Any idea what this means?

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi ravenalive.

On the computer, right-click the Windows icon in the corner and select Apps & Features.  At the top of the list, search for Canon.  If there are any results, look for the MF628Cw's drivers, and uninstall them.  Also look for any entries for the Extended Survey Program, and remove those.  Restart the computer to ensure that any legacy settings are cleared by the operating system, so that the next attempt at installation.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Did as you suggested. Rebooted.  Tried to install drivers.   Same result. "the component necessary for installation is not found"

Then I went back and took an additional step.  I did as you suggested again.  Then I also searched the registry and deleted all references to Canon.  Rebooted.  Tried to install drivers.  Same result.  "the component necessary for installation is not found"

Have also run Windows Startup Repair to see if that makes a difference.  It doesn't.

Hi ravenalive.

Are you connecting the printer by USB?  If so, try a different USB port on the computer.  If the computer is also a laptop, ensure the laptop is plugged in to external power; battery power may cause reduced signal strength along the USB connection.

Are you connecting over a network?  Check that the printer is able to ping the computer's IP address; refer to your computer's documentation and support for information about finding the printer's IP address.

If this doesn't correct the problem, you will need to call in to our phone-based support.  Our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements