06-28-2018 04:39 PM
I'm using a Canon Imageclass MF 4320-4350 printer.
When scanning, either from Platen Glass or Feeder, the document going through the feeder or the scanner passing under the document on the glass, starts and stops continuously. It scans a samll part then pauses, scans a small part and pauses.
It will pause 6-8 times the length of the document and the pauses last varying seconds. This, of course, results in very long scan times. Ocassionally the scan pauses and will not start which results in the loss of the entire scan.
I'm using a Dell Inspiron running Win10, 64 bit, with all updates. I'm using Toolbox 4.9 as my interface.
I also use the printer to print and copy and those functions appear to be working correctly.
06-30-2018 04:11 AM
There may be a program running in the background causing this issue to occur. Rebooting your computer without your normal startup applications running may resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Put the cursor over the Windows Start button and press the right mouse button and click on Control Panel with the left mouse button.
2. In Control Panel, click on System and Security.
3. Click on Administrative Tools.
4. Click on System Configuration.
5. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, please type the password or provide confirmation.
6. Click on the General tab.
7. Click Selective startup and then uncheck the Load startup items check box.
8. Click Apply and then OK and then click Restart.
9. Open the MF Toolbox at this point and attempt a scan.
To return your computer to normal startup mode, follow steps 1-5 above, put a check in the box next to Load Startup Items, and then choose Normal Startup (if it was set this way initially) and click Apply. Click on the Services tab and click on the Enable All button. Click Apply, then OK and restart your computer.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:
04-06-2019 05:44 PM
I'm wondering whether this is a cache or memory issue either with the scanner or with windows. Depending upon the dpi or color/greyscale settings, the freeze happens anywhere between 8% and around 30%.
Now, I WAS able to get it up and running by using your suggestion regarding the startup loading. That allowed a greyscale scan at 300 dpi. When I went to rescan color at 400dpi as a stress test, it scans to 8% and freezes... 3 minutes later still no progress.
Is there a memory setting that we can changes somewhere to help this?