cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Could not install the scanner driver" i-sensys MF734cdw

uiop_on
Apprentice

I'm also having this issue with my i-sensys MF734cdw colour laser.

I'm using the 64-bit driver installer from the Canon website which installs the printer driver sucessfuly but fails on the scanner driver with the error message "Could not install the scanner driver.  Try to install again."

I am installing using the 'network printer' option (connecting via wifi) and the printer is up and running fine, prints via wifi with no problems.  It's the installation of the scanner drivers that's failing.

I tried separately installing the MF Scan Utility software but when I run that I get the error "A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed.  Install it and try again.  Code: 9,230,0" so the driver clearly insn't installed.

I have tried everything mentioned previously:

- Windows startup in selective / normal startup modes

- Moving the install to a shorter folder name location

- Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers (complete with system restarts inbetween each step)

- Two phone calls with technical support who don't know what to do

I also tried:

- Disabling windows defender/firewall (for domain network, private network and public network); and

- Disabling Bitdefender

Still no luck!

I should add that I've previoulsy had this running with the scanner working, but it seems to have broken at some point which is why I'm re-installing the drivers... and is still broken.  What's changed?  Have the old drivers been tested with the new Windows updates?

Any other ideas??

Thanks,

Mark

3 REPLIES 3

uiop_on
Apprentice

There are other people experiencing the same issue with other models of this printer, so looks like a driver/installer issue rather than a printer issue:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Office-Printers/quot-Could-not-install-the-scanner-driver-quot-MF...

https://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/174328-scanner-issues-canon-mf8030cn.html

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers,

Mark

Hi, when you say "Moving the install to a shorter folder name location", where is the folder, still in your profile? Put it at the root of c: and run installer as admin.

Hi,

Thanks for the update.  Yes yes it was in the C: root and I right-clicked on it and selected 'run as administrator'.  Same issue.

M

Announcements