cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Correcting... Wait a moment."

Patents
Contributor

MF733Cdw. I printed a 270 page PDF, duplexed. It started out printing at normal speed, but halfway through it slowed way down (from about 25 pages a minute to about 10 pages a minute) and flashed the message "Correcting... Wait a moment." on the screen.

What does that mean? And why did the printer slow down? There weren't any more or less graphics on the later pages.

I will add that I printed the same document twice and it did the same thing. Started out fast and slowed down with that message. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Here's what Canon email support said:  "The printer sensed a bottleneck in the communications setup and corrected for that.  It is not clear what caused the bottleneck but when you print or scan many pages, it is possible that memory and/or virtual memory on the computer can fill up and cause the slowdown."

I did learn that my black and white 300 page text pdf file wasn't really black and white.  It looks like just black text, but somehow it was encoded as color.  Printing 3 copies (900 pages total) wiped out my three starter color toners and almost wiped out my black.  I figured that those print jobs used about $150 of toner!  I'm obvoiusly not happy about that.

So my guess is that the printer was processing the pdf as very color and graphic intensive, and it slowed way down as it tried to process all the pages.

I did find a way to default the printer driver to B&W (instead of auto) for every print job.  The only downside is that if I want color, I have to manually change it in the print dialog each time.  But that's ok, since it will save me a lot of money on toner.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

James_C

Hi Patents 

Based on the specfic issue described, it is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Here's what Canon email support said:  "The printer sensed a bottleneck in the communications setup and corrected for that.  It is not clear what caused the bottleneck but when you print or scan many pages, it is possible that memory and/or virtual memory on the computer can fill up and cause the slowdown."

I did learn that my black and white 300 page text pdf file wasn't really black and white.  It looks like just black text, but somehow it was encoded as color.  Printing 3 copies (900 pages total) wiped out my three starter color toners and almost wiped out my black.  I figured that those print jobs used about $150 of toner!  I'm obvoiusly not happy about that.

So my guess is that the printer was processing the pdf as very color and graphic intensive, and it slowed way down as it tried to process all the pages.

I did find a way to default the printer driver to B&W (instead of auto) for every print job.  The only downside is that if I want color, I have to manually change it in the print dialog each time.  But that's ok, since it will save me a lot of money on toner.

Did you ever find out what the root cause of the problem was?  I have low toner and wonder if that's the reason why I see this message now.  

Announcements