cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printer wont print from feeder or glass but will from computer. Help

fatcat19600
Apprentice

My new printer won't let me print when I use the feeder or glass. It works fine when I print from my computer. So I've been scanning paperwork to my computer and then printing! What a pain.

Also...when I scan I have to scan in color or anything that has a signature on it doesn't pick up. Did I get a dud printer or what? Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

SamanthaW

Hi!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what model printer you have, what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using, and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks! 

fatcat19600
Apprentice
I have a MF726Cdw and operate on Windows 7 Professional and am connected by usb.

Hi fatcat19600.

I will be able to assist you.

Ii is recommended that you update the printer firmware.  The firmware update can be downloaded from the Canon website.  Please click the link below, and then click the [Firmware] tab to select the update:

imageCLASS MF726Cdw - Drivers & Downloads

Should you still experience an issue with the [Copy] function, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements