cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

print from e-mail ?

mhamrick623
Contributor

I can not print from any of my e-mail programs ? what can cause this ?  Printer is mb5420 brand new and it says  after diahnosis and repair no pronlems ? Driving me crazy !  Windows 10  and every e-mail program I have , g-mail , webmail spectrum and windows mail .

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ok, so we have the real issue now.

B504.  This means ink is not present or flowing to the print head.  This is a protection mechanism to keep the print head from overheating.

You said this was a brand new printer.  I'd open it up and check for any packing / shipping materials which may not have been removed when the printer was unpacked and set up.

Then check each ink cartridge and ensure any protective tape(s) that might have been in place sealing / protecting the cartridges before installation are fully removed.  Reseating the cartridges might also help.  

Note for future: Using 3rd party, non canon brand inks can cause this type of issue as well.

I suspect reinspecting / reinstalling the new ink cartridges might help in this case.  Ensure everything is clean, no debris, styrofoam, etc is present.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

I put new canon ink cartridges in working now Thanks for the help !

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Danny

Hi, mhamrick623!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof) and which applications you're trying to print from. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Greetings,

Windows 10 OS

Fails to print from browser and from windows default mail client app.

Can you print successfully anywhere?

Do you receive any error messages?

How is the printer connected and to what? 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes it prints its brand new just wont print in e-mail programs no error messages when I click print in email it just spins and spins connected usb

Lets try this:

Open Notepad and type a few words...  "Hello Test Print"

Then use the File menu and select Print or CTRL+P to bring up the print dialog, ensure the printer is selected and press print.

Does this work?

Are these the drivers you usied to install the printer:

Support | Small Office / Home Office Printers | MAXIFY MB5420 | Canon USA

MB5400 Series Full Drivers and Software Package (Windows)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

no it does not work  I just replaced this printer   with the same model  maybe that has something to do with it  ? Now the printer keeps  putting a support code  and says to turn power off and back on it has done this 3 times now . I must have drivers installed improperly ? How do I start everything over again to try to fix it ? thanks, mike 

it keeps telling me needs serviced ?

code B504 I did not see it before  done this at least 15 times starts then makes  some noises then goes to support code B504

Ok, so we have the real issue now.

B504.  This means ink is not present or flowing to the print head.  This is a protection mechanism to keep the print head from overheating.

You said this was a brand new printer.  I'd open it up and check for any packing / shipping materials which may not have been removed when the printer was unpacked and set up.

Then check each ink cartridge and ensure any protective tape(s) that might have been in place sealing / protecting the cartridges before installation are fully removed.  Reseating the cartridges might also help.  

Note for future: Using 3rd party, non canon brand inks can cause this type of issue as well.

I suspect reinspecting / reinstalling the new ink cartridges might help in this case.  Ensure everything is clean, no debris, styrofoam, etc is present.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

I put new canon ink cartridges in working now Thanks for the help !
Announcements