cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pc980 copier paper jam

vondab
Apprentice

I have a PC980 copier that is showing a paper jam error. I've checked everything and cannot find a paper jam. I've turned the printer off and left it for 10 minutes and I'm it's still showing a paper jam. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi vondab.

I will be able to assist you.

If you are unable to locate a paper jam in the copier, then you may need to clean the Static Charge Eliminator.  Please follow the instructions below to perform this cleaning:

WARNING:

• Turn the power switch OFF and pull out the power plug before performing the following operation. Failure to observe these items may result in a fire or electrical shock.

NOTICE:

• Make sure that the height of the paper stack does not exceed the height of the length guide's claw in the cassette. Failure to do so will cause a paper jam.

1. Lift the main unit lever on the left side to open the main unit.

2.  Remove the static  charge eliminator cleaning brush.

3. Using the brush on the tip of the static charge eliminator cleaner, sweep out the dust from the groove inside the copier.

CAUTION:

• There are some areas inside the copier which are subject to high voltages and high temperatures. Take adequate precaution when performing inspections, to avoid burns or electrical shock.

REQUEST:

• Do not touch the roller. If you do, the quality of your copy images may be adversely affected.

4. Gently close the main unit as soon as cleaning is finished.

MEMO:

• The static charge eliminator cleaning brush is very small and easy to lose, so it is recommended that you return it to its storage location after you have finished cleaning the slot on the static charge eliminator.

If the paper jam error persists, we recommend that you call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements