cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one touch scanning

hmazuji
Apprentice

my clients are very dumb and lazy.  the will not abide by the "program every single scan into the scan folder paradigm"

does anyone know of a way to set up the maxify gx 7071 / ij scan utility so we can:

1.  load the automatic document feeder

2.  press the 'scan' button on the printer

and have the scan job go to the default network folder

we don't care who's doing the scanning or what the scan is or permissions or anything of the kind.  if we share the scan folder, we can rename it or move it after the scan job is deposited to the folder.  many thanks, hamid

3 REPLIES 3

hmazuji
Apprentice

we work in an operatory.  i do not want my clients grubby mangy paws all over the device.  if they have to touch the 'scan' button, that is one button too many, but that button can be cleaned.  i do not want them touching the user interface / console panel

Hello,

To scan with GX7071, you would need to uses the operation panel to select your scan options before starting the scan. For help checking your available options in your situation, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

i will call next time i am onsite with the printer

i would have "accepted as solution", however, this is so important, there should be a document for the procedure.  i can make one while i go through the process, if canon has a process for submitting walkthroughs

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements