cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multifunction scanner will not scan

Wessman
Apprentice

I am trying to get my MF4370dn to scan using the toolbox ver. 4.9.  It gives me an error msg saying supported scanner not installed.

the fix listed at canon does not work. 

7 REPLIES 7

Jason
Whiz

Hi, jocelyn!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

win 8.1

Hi Wessman!

I will be glad to assist you.  However, I would like to ask a few more questions.

1. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable or with an Ethernet cable to a router?
  2. If the machine is connected by a USB cable, are you pressing the [SCAN] button on the printer until "USB Scanning" is displayed on the printer screen?

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  Have a good day.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sorry it took me so long to respond.  Printer is connected by ethernet cable to router.

I have a picture software installed - ArcSoft PhotoStudio 6 which recognizes my scanner and has no problem scanning documents.

Toolbox also did not work on another computer that was connected my printer

Hi Wessman.

Thank you for your reply.

The MF Toolbox does not support scanning over the network with the MF4370dn.  To use this software, you will need to connect the printer with a USB cable to your computer.

If you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

alkessler2
Apprentice

Adding my voice to the problem.

MF4370dn

Windows 7 ultimate

Connected via USB

Downloaded and installed Toolbox 4.9

Downloaded and installed latest drivers for printer

MF Toobox reports:

"A supported scanner is not installed."

"Please install a supported scanner, and then restart Toolbox."

Any suggestions welcome.

Hi alkessler2.

Please perform the steps below and verify if you receive the same error:

1.  Verify that the MF Toolbox is closed on the computer.

2.  At the MF4370dn, press the [SCAN] button repeatedly, until "USB Scanning" is displayed.

3.  On the computer, open the MF Toolbox and select [PDF].

4.  Click the green [START] button on the [PDF] window.  The machine will start processing the scan.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should the error persist, or you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Announcements