cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

d420 scan start key with windows 8.1

pbconsultant
Apprentice

I installed the latest driver as instructed but the only way I can get the scan to work is to create a shortcut to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\MF Toolbox Ver4.9\mftbox but the start key on the printer in scan mode just brings up an empty box.

Anyone know a fix for this?

ImageClass D420 

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi pbconsultant.

I will be glad to assist you. 

I recommend setting the MF Toolbox as the default program in the scanner properties.  Please follow the instructions below:

1.  Please open the [Devices and Printers].
2.  Right-click on the D400/420 Series and select [Scan Properties].
3.  Click on the [Events] tab.
4.  The prompt will appear.  Select the MF Toolbox program under "Start this program".
5.  Select [Apply] or [OK].

6.  Perform a scan using the [Start] button.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should the error persist, or you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

could not get past step 2.
Would not display anything on properties screen - prompts do you want to allow windows to modify this and I say yes and nothing happens.

Thank you for your reply, pbconsultant.

Based on the error you are experiencing, I recommend that you contact our live telephone technical support.  I understand that the forum may be your preferred method of communication, however, the real-time feedback with the telephone representative will be more beneficial in this case.  Please call 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements