cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf634 and linux mint

nrs634
Contributor

Hi,

I have an mf634 hooked up to a dell 7720 precision workstation, via usb, in linux mint 19.x and have installed the driver obtained here:

linux-UFRII-drv-v500-usen-06.tar.gz.

the printer is recognized and activates when giving a print command, but the pages are blank, whether from a test page or an attempt to print something else.

no error messages of any kind.

just "pretends" to print.

any thoughts are much appreciated.

thanks

robert

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings aime1,

I suggest you start your own thread.  Your printer model and issue is completely different and unrelated to the person who started this thread.  Your problem deserves its own visibility.  It is also helpful to others who are searching for informaion, answers or help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Robert,

The linux driver you are using cannot be tested and is not certified to work with every distribution of linux.  While it might work with ubuntu, it may not work with mint.  A different release may also influence this success. 

What happen if you try to print network or printers settings from its control panel (on the device)?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

thank you for your answer.

I will be back in the office later today, and will try printing from the control panel.

I am guessing it is going to work, as just days ago, this printer was working fine under win7.

it that turns out to be the case, do I have an alternative?

again, many thanks.!

so i did print a communications management report.....did not know how to print what you asked for and did not want to make you wait...printed the first thing i saw that offered some printing....and as I suspected, it did, indeed, print the report in a normal way.

so we do know that somehow, the data intended to be printed in a print command from a computer document, is not getting to the printer along with the command to do the printing.

this is a vital matter for me, so I  cannot just let it go.

what, please, do you suggest I try next.  do you think that going from usb to a network setup would matter?

what else may i do?

thank you

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements