cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf5980dw prints one document and stops

oleksa
Apprentice

Dears

Please give some guide how can I try to solve mf5980dw printing problem.

The problem is that it has started to hang after one document is printed.

So I have mf6980dw connected to the office network using RJ45 connector and network cable. It has IP in the same local subnet as office computers.

Once I've noticied that printer starts to hang when I'm printing two documents one by one. It can be the same document, but when I print it first time then it is printed. If I print document (or its page) second time (in few seconds after the first one) printer does not print. Windows (8.1) says that there is an error while document is printed. And document is shown in the error state in the printer queue window.

However if i turn printer off and on - it prints my document (I do nothing at this time on my machine).

I've checked Event Log on my machine but there is nothing related with printing errors.

Please note that this problem has appeared two monthes ago. Until this I've used the same printer in the same network without any problem. I have not updated printer driver manually until this printer problem started. But Windows update is active and works in the background.

I've tried to install the latest mf5900 Series driver (20.95.0.0) but no luck.

So my questions are 

Is there any tool that can show what is wrong with printer? Some logger or error codes extractor ?

Could you please give me some hint how to deal with this problem? I've restarted and installed the latest printer driver several times but no luck.

Some computers in the office has this problem but some - no. What is the most surprising.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hello oleska,

Thank you for reaching out to Canon USA!

Since you've reinstalled the most current drivers for your machine, the next step that we'd recommend is reaching out to support for further troubleshooting. 

If you're in the USA, our US-based team can be reached by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) from 10am to 10pm (ET) during the week. 

If you're out of the USA, you'll want to get in touch with support in your home country or region. Support options can be found by going HERE. Just select your country/region and take it from there!

Hello Stephen

Thank you for a hint. I've wrote to the Canon support on Monday (22 May) but there is no answer. I've checked a spam quarantine folder but there is no message still. I'll try to call on Monday

Regards
Announcements