cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imgClass MF264dw connectivity issues

imgClass
Contributor

At first, I was pretty happy with this printer but the longer I keep it, the more issues I'm having with connectivity. It started with the occasional lag as I tried to scan documents. The lag became a nuisance last night as I tried to scan some papers. It kept saying disconnected in my "Printers & Scanners" app, even though everything else was running fine and I had good internet connectivity. I was somewhat okay with that scan lag, but just now I had difficulty printing. Closing and re opening the Canon app until printer connected finally worked.

My question is, are these just not very good models? Prior to this purchase, there was a similar model that I wanted to get (checked it out at an office supply store, went home to do some research and sleep on it) and the next day, they were pulled off the shelves. Just like that. I don't remember the exact model number, but it was a black exterior that had CD in the name.

Is there an alternative to this model? Looking to scan + copy. I'm indifferent to monochome or color.

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi imgClass.

When wireless problems such as this occur, it's more often either new furniture (rugs, desks, shelves, etc.), that the router or printer have been moved, that ther outer itself is wearing out, or that an electrical short or other issue in your area (possibly in a neighbor's house) is causing interference for the wifi signals.

If any new electrical devices have been installed near the router or printer, try moving them temporarily to check the printer's connectivity.  Also check the printer's signal strength in its network information, and ensure it's at least good.

If the problem persists, then you may wish to contact our phone-based support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements