cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageclassMF249dw - cannot scan without USB connection

vmurrell
Apprentice

I've just installed drivers for the imageCLASS MF249dw printer. I can print wirelessly from the computer (Dell lattitude running windows 7) but cannot initiate a scan from the computer without connecting via USB. I *can* scan wirelessly from a Mac. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Canon scan utility and drivers. Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Patrice
Whiz

Hi vmurrell!

Please verify that the MF249dw is selected in the MF Network Scan Utility by following the steps below:

1. Click in the system tray.

2. Select the check box for the machine, and click [OK].

After verifying this information, please scan a document.

If you still experience an issue with the scanning function, or are unable to located the MF Network Scan Utility, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, but that icon is not in my system tray. I have installed both from the DVD and then from a web download.

vmurrell
Apprentice
Any other suggestions, please?

Hi vmurrell.

It is recommended that you call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.  We understand that the forum may be your preferred method of communication; however, the live feedback that is available by telephone will be very beneficial in this case.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements