cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageclass mf455dw Scanner won't recognize computer

bandvan
Apprentice

Hello - 

Printer works.  Scanner works from computer.  Scanner will not detect computer from scan button on printer, which is what I need so I don't have to walk back and forth for every scanned page.

How do I get the scanner to stop saying "computer not connected" even though printing and scanning both work?

5 REPLIES 5

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Bandvan

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Are you connecting via USB or is it over a network?
  3. What security software do you have installed on the computer?

Any updates on this issue?

bandvan
Apprentice

Windows 11, desktop

USB

Malwarebytes (plus Windows Defender)

Hello Bandvan, 

You can try turning off the security software. Once the computer has restarted with the security off, you can try scanning from the operation panel to see if you can detect and scan to the computer using the operation panel. If that does not work, you can try switching the USB cable to another port and try a scan. If it still does not scan, it will usually mean something is blocking the incoming scan information or some of the required drivers are missing. You can try downloading and installing the recommended drivers from our site again using the link HERE and selecting the USB option during the setup. If you continue to have the issue, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with checking on the the issue.

danpeoples
Apprentice

I'm having the exact same issue. Canon software seems to have serious issues with new computers that are shipping with Windows 11. 

Windows 11 Home
USB
Windows Defender no other software installed so far.

Announcements