cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF753CDW not working via AirPrint

Jstanzak
Apprentice

When I set this printer up I had printed from my IPhone and IPad without issues. Now when I try to print it says no AirPrint printers available. The printer and IPhone/Ipad is still on the same wireless network. Not sure why it will not print anymore and I did try to reconnect the printer to the wireless network

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Start by logging into your wireless router.  Review the list of attached devices and confirm the printer is connected / associated and that it has an active IP address. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It is connected to the router and has an active up address . I set the printer up as wired then no issues. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Thanks for the reply.  From a technical standpoint, there should be no difference between a wired or wireless connection.  The router should manage the connections the same across both interfaces.

Can you tell us a little more about your network.  Are you using a single router or is there a mesh system connected to the router or ISP's hardware?

AirPrint users have been posting about mDNS issues recently.  I recall others with your model printer mentioning it.

If you are using a mesh system, there are some other things I might recommend.

Start by logging into your router.  Assign or reserve a static IP for the printer.  You can use wired or wireless connection as assigning a static address applies to all interfaces.

Next restart the printer and ensure its using the assigned IP.  You can do this from terminal using the ping command, or by opening a browser and entering the IP there.  The printer's webserver should display.  Example, my printer's IP is 192.168.1.99

shadowsports_4-1716951959623.png

Now open the Apple Menu > Systems Properties > Printers and Scanners.  Use the minus (-) and remove the printer from the dialog.

Important step restart your MAC

Install the following 2 applications:

UFR II/UFRII LT Printer Driver & Utilities for Mac V10.19.17 [macOS 10.14.6 - macOS 14.4.1]

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAxMjIzMTAx&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Scanner Driver & Utilities for Mac V2.15.15 [macOS 10.14.6 - macOS 14.4.1]

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAxMjI1ODAx&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

I'd also grab the Canon Print Business App from the App Store - Great for iPhones or iPad.

Canon PRINT Business on the App Store (apple.com)

After install, restart again and retest printing and scanning.  There are benefits of using Canon software over AirPrint.  You get full control and functionality of your device.  The mobile app is great too.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements